The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

fishin_magician

Moderators: If you could pin this to the top please....

Ok Vancouverites...since you're the quiet bunch...someone has to start the thread...POST YOUR REPORTS and PICTURES of your latest outings here!

FISH ON!

:) :) :)

HAHA! Well...Vancouver may not have the participation that you Island Guys do..but I think in the Saltwater Thread....General Areas should be pinned to the top for easy viewing...and Vancouver easily has enough participants to support a pin-to-top if they would post. The Sockeye show last summer would definitely have surpassed every thread on here if people posted!

I think all popular spots should be pinned to the top. Many of these fishing spots have 40+ pages of posts.

I sent a PM last year asking to have the Van salt thread pinned and was told that it couldn't be done so maybe with the revamped forum it will now be possible.

Cheers,

Getbent

Well, if it can't be pinned, then there's only one thing us Vancouver fishers can do...and that is post about our fishing trips, post when and where we fished and how we made out. On the other forum, we have our own little private forum there, but if you aren't logged in, you can't see the reports. I guess if you want Vancouver fishing info, you have to go to that thread and log in, get to the 20 post threshold so you can see the posts. I was out fishing on January 3 and I saw about a dozen boats on the water in just the short run I made so I wonder how everyone made out.... I did pretty good....

Last edited by a moderator:
Pinning a dozen or even a half dozen posts to the top of a forum isn't a great idea-think TOMBSTONE

I see Nanaimo and area is up there as well as Victoria and Sooke. What about northern and west coast areas of the island? Would be nice to see general areas covered for those who are looking for the hot fishing destinations.

Heya...

Just back in.....just went out yesterday to drop the prawn and crab traps then hit the shore for dinner. This morning we headed out, picked up the Prawn Traps , Crab Traps and trolled a few hours. No keepers for us but we did find many shakers and a few undersize. Counted 8 other boats out trolling in our travels and didn't hear of anything substantial on the radio. Talked to another guy who didn't have much to say either. Water was glassy calm and it was a GORGEOUS day on the water. Wish the sun were still up, I'd still be out there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just back in after dinner. We found a 15...maybe 16 lber at one of our local hot spots....definitely a FAT fish so bright that it looked like something you'd catch in the Queen Charlottes! We finished with 400 plus prawns...found a new hot spot! Woo Hoo!....and finished up the day with a whole mess of nice Dungeness....get on out fishing!!!! What a day....totally looking forward to heading out next weekend....I'd be going sooner but there's that problem most of us have....work....the day job...DOH! There were a couple of other boats fishing in the area we were.....if any of you are on the forum...pipe on up! I heard MiChica and Hot Rods on the radio...how did you guys finish up?

Great reports ... thanks FM. Definitely time to fire up the engines and head out into the harbour this weekend.

Yeah, I have read numerous good reports for here and Gabriola Island. I may head out to West Van on Sunday. There can be the odd big fish around this time, about 5 years ago I caught a 32lb tyee on west side of Bowen Island.

Let us know how things go on Saturday if any body goes out.

Eastpoint

Fished in the harbour around the QB marker for a couple hour hours late Saturday morning. Four (very) undersized fish to release. Fortunately, the crab trap was full.

Looks like a beautiful, albeit cooler, day for those who head out today.

Biggest fish caught today went to Damnfish on the other forum...a 37" fish!..it was his largest fish to date! Way to go Ken! I know of 3 other nice fish boxed off West Van today...11lbers and an 8 lber. Nice day on the water!!!!

I will be heading out from False Creek this coming Saturday so I'll keep y'all posted on how we do. It's been over a month since I've wet the lines and last time out we had no keepers but a bucket full of prawns and crabs. I hear things have recently heated up in and around Vancouver which is good to hear. Fingers crossed for sunshine and flat seas! Tight lines

Back