Xmas Steelhead

Charter Tofino

Have Dec 18th-27th off, a 4x4, good set of legs and a fishing partner stupid enough to join the steelhead hunt. Any hints on where to look? Willing to explore anywhere on the island and spend a few nights. If prefered shoot a PM

From the bucket to the Gun club area of the Stamp. There are always steelies in that area at that time of year

Thats where i normally fish but was hoping to get off the beaten path so to speak. Its stressful on the stamp trying to beat jets here or shore guys there. Will definatly hit it a few times around xmas though and thanks for the advice.

Hi Kelly,
Why not head north a little. The Gold would be a great river to explore and learn....I would be up for one of those visits. Also wouldn't mind trying the Salmon. They're really not that far from Nanoose. I also like to go back to my old stomping grounds, Port Hardy, although that's a long drive. Many of those rivers though are March/April rivers, although fish can still be had Dec-Feb.

im just joking dude i love it up there, only lived on the island a year not really a local yet. i fished 4 rivers in 3 days up by hardy last winter and it was awesome. im goin up by mcneil over xmas to explore some new water....

im just joking dude i love it up there, only lived on the island a year not really a local yet. i fished 4 rivers in 3 days up by hardy last winter and it was awesome. im goin up by mcneil over xmas to explore some new water....

I know you're just joking. I was just joking with you because my buddies up there (the odd one anyway) are secretive about the area. Kinda like they are on the salt side.

Thanks for the tips and still looking for ideas. As it sounds now were looking to go north and hit the gold and maybe explore a few others. Dec seems a bit early for most flows up north island but am planning an early april trip that way.

Back