Bamfield Poett Nook 2014- 2015

Yo Fog--

great reports---it's a pleasure reading them--I might not make it to your neighborhood this season but your reports make me feel like I was there---lots of guys out there appreciate the details---thanks!

Heading to Bamfield next Monday June 16th. Staying at Seabeam till Friday. Look for the Green jetboat with tan top. Renegade on the side. give a holler if you see us.

Finally the Spring Fever II travelling Circus and Gong show will be into Barclay tomorrow Morning. Testing a winters supply of LED tomic plugs, LED Jugheads, usually chovy heads. Thurs should see us off-shore for Hali and I hope a derby winning Spring. Listening on 6-we share info so if you see us Green and white Orca- We Share!! LOL Tight Lines! Will post Fri evening.

Needlefish hootchies working on the inside, lots of small springs.

Finally the Spring Fever II travelling Circus and Gong show will be into Barclay tomorrow Morning. Testing a winters supply of LED tomic plugs, LED Jugheads, usually chovy heads. Thurs should see us off-shore for Hali and I hope a derby winning Spring. Listening on 6-we share info so if you see us Green and white Orca- We Share!! LOL Tight Lines! Will post Fri evening.

Safe travels and good fishing!

Travelling out to Bamfield on the 16th and will be staying on board the Terra Ann II until the 19th, tying up at the Mckay Bay dock. Will be running off shore if weather permits. On channels 1 or 6

Had a great day of fishing in the sound today beside JAC and Searun. Fishing Kirby, Austin, and Cree our group had a great bunch of springs to 26 pounds(Searun) and halibut to 55 pounds(Searun)and Coho, Lingcod and Rockfish. Fun day.

Had a great day of fishing in the sound today beside JAC and Searun. Fishing Kirby, Austin, and Cree our group had a great bunch of springs to 26 pounds(Searun) and halibut to 55 pounds(Searun)and Coho, Lingcod and Rockfish. Fun day.

Nice day for sure. Thanks for the report Bod :cool:.

Not taking anything from Bod but If you are going to B sound the fishing is very slow. There is little or nothing at Pill, Swale, the wall, Bamfield harbour and along that shore to towards Beale. Salmon wise little at 5,and 12 Mile. Wasn't till we got into Cree at 8am that we hit fish. The fish predominantly, seemed to be 6 to 8lbs with some 15's and the odd 20. Anchovy was the hot ticket, a jughead splatterback was good and my LED 4 inch tomic was magic. Having never fished Cree before I donated a ball and my custom LED tomic to the bottom. Should have popped up but never found it-good luck if you find it -it is magic!!!
Never fished Cree before-good learning experience but as of last night -that's where you need to be and 80 to 100 ft is the depth.

Spring Fever you're not the only one to snag bottom there and I'm sure you wont be the last. I've gone there knowing where it comes up and still get snagged
Next time I go ,I'll be looking everywhere for your magic plug
Good report too by the way

Might have a better chance looking for it at night? Lol
What colour is the light??.......BB
It was a double flash green-
the plug was hand painted green back-light glow pearl body with pilchard spots. My guess is when the line broke the mono kinked up and the plug didn't slide to the surface-Took fish immediately it was put down-pretty impressive. It's ok-I built about 10 more but really loved that one.

Not taking anything from Bod but If you are going to B sound the fishing is very slow. There is little or nothing at Pill, Swale, the wall, Bamfield harbour and along that shore to towards Beale. Salmon wise little at 5,and 12 Mile. Wasn't till we got into Cree at 8am that we hit fish. The fish predominantly, seemed to be 6 to 8lbs with some 15's and the odd 20. Anchovy was the hot ticket, a jughead splatterback was good and my LED 4 inch tomic was magic. Having never fished Cree before I donated a ball and my custom LED tomic to the bottom. Should have popped up but never found it-good luck if you find it -it is magic!!!
Never fished Cree before-good learning experience but as of last night -that's where you need to be and 80 to 100 ft is the depth.

Fishing is quite good. Maybe you should try fishing with some of the good old tried and true stuff that works instead of trying to reinvent the wheel with flash and bling. Might just put some fish in the box!

Fishing is quite good. Maybe you should try fishing with some of the good old tried and true stuff that works instead of trying to reinvent the wheel with flash and bling. Might just put some fish in the box!

Yup. If I could figure out how to post pic's, I would share as proof there are still lots of fish to catch in Barkley Sound. IMO there were plenty of fish to keep everyone happy and interested. The other very encouraging thing is the bait is thick! Tons of 4.5 inch herring. The fish are stuffed full of them. I think this bodes well for holding fish inside Barkley Sound when they pop in from off shore. Also some of the large fish had 4 inch squid in them. Pretty sure we fished beside ya Spring Fever II, or at least there was a big SeaSport with that name on the side of it beside me all morning. We were in the big Grady that was doing circles for 40 minutes playing that hali on salmon gear. Sorry about tying up the tack.

Posting pics isn't too difficult, Pat.

Just go advanced and there's a tab for managing attachments

Yup. If I could figure out how to post pic's, I would share as proof there are still lots of fish to catch in Barkley Sound. IMO there were plenty of fish to keep everyone happy and interested. The other very encouraging thing is the bait is thick! Tons of 4.5 inch herring. The fish are stuffed full of them. I think this bodes well for holding fish inside Barkley Sound when they pop in from off shore. Also some of the large fish had 4 inch squid in them. Pretty sure we fished beside ya Spring Fever II, or at least there was a big SeaSport with that name on the side of it beside me all morning. We were in the big Grady that was doing circles for 40 minutes playing that hali on salmon gear. Sorry about tying up the tack.

Hey you got no problem with me-I'm pretty sure you gave me a depth-its an Orca by the way- I had no problems with the fish at cree-we did fine-sure I fish the bling but I always have a chovy down to check on whether the bling is actually doing the job. IT's early days and There were few fish at Swale ,pill the wall and Bamfield-there were also few boats there-the action was at cree Austin and to a lesser extent Meares. Fish move around. Believe me my fish box is as full as I need it-I just don't like to see guys steam down to Pill , the wall and Swale expecting great things if its slow. It will pick up I'm sure but as of yesterday those places were SLOOW

Not sure if I figured this photo thing out, here we go...

Attachments

• IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 447
Back