No announcement yet.

2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was out a few hours this morning and had a hit early on a bit west of the bell at around 60 ft on an anchovy, but lost it right by the boat.. Looked to be in low 10s. Other than that, just a few shakers. hope others had better luck.

Comment

• I am heading out to the T10 or Bellbouy on Friday morning. By the looks of this forum it looks pretty freaking slow out there. Any other new fishing reports?

Comment

• Was just in Horseshoe Bay having a snack before getting the ferry en route to Tofino and David Korsch/ Predator came in with some guests with just two smaller fish. From the distance I couldn't tell if they were smaller springs or coho.

Comment

• Lots of shakers working the beaches along English Bay on the flood-more than I've ever seen in more than 30 years of living here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dogbreath View Post
            Lots of shakers working the beaches along English Bay on the flood-more than I've ever seen in more than 30 years of living here.

a good forcast for the next couple years

Comment

• Out today off west van, cap to point Atkinson. No hits for me. Ran white glow hoochies between 60 and 40 feet. Marked some fish near the mouth of the cap but that was it. I was fishing mid tide so that might explain the no hits. Didn't see any nets out in the 5 hours I was there.

Comment

• Going to be out tomorrow. Probably hit T-10 and the Bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derby View Post
                  a good forcast for the next couple years
                  Ya Except were killing them all with our hooks that are bigger than their head ! Lol

Comment

• I was out monday, fished hard from 9-5 2 long line releases and 2 dogs along west van seen a little 12' tinny double out and leave.
                    heard of a couple high teen low 20's takenon a troll between bell and t10
                    Tim
                    gidyup
                    Grady White Gulfstream twin 150's aka "Outaline"

Comment

• Heading out tomorrow to fish the low slack, will be between the T-10 and the bell most likely,

Will post tomorrow night.

White 2301 striper with Team Canada flag

Getbent
                      Getbent

Comment

• ya I'll be out at t10 tomorrow as well in a buddies boat. I think we'll start at the bell early in the morning and head to t10 for the ebb and low slack. Will be checking this forum on my phone so i'll post any real time updates (hopefully there are some) and appreciate anyone else out there doing the same.

Comment

• after work no hits at bell hit wild coho at cap in about 5 min on way back, also bought new boat last week 2004 17 smokercraft dlx 90 horse merc curious if its good to head to t10 in never been there no nothing about it
                          MAXX LIMITS!!!!

Comment

• I know Peahead has already talked about and posted some photos from August 26th, but I thought I would add a few to the forum. Assuming that I can figure out the buttons above as they are all BLANK! (Yes, in both IE Explorer and Firefox.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1502-Greg-Fish.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	571556Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1540-Teasing.the.Seal.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	571557Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1436-JimPook-Fish.02.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	571558Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1408-JimPook-fish-1.jpg
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	571559

Well, that seems to have worked

OK, photos are kind of backwards here - The last one of me with the small Chinook caught on the Tomic Plug (a 503 if I remember correctly, a UV Purple Haze color), was the first fish taken that morning - about 5 minutes after setting the gear.

The second last photo of me shows my second fish and the third fish of the day. Greg rigged a standard Anchovy teaserhead and flasher combo for that one, plus all the other fish caught that day.

The second photo is back at Greg's dock - that's me teasing a seal with one of our catch - he damn near jumped in the boat about 3 seconds later!

First photo is back on the fishing grounds - it is the 5th fish caught and also the biggest. We let Greg have that one after he let the two of us catch all the other fish. (THANKS GREG!!!)

- -

For those who haven't heard, I'm back living in Richmond now having retired from guiding due to health reasons. I'm living on a disability pension and doing quite well. If anyone needs a deckhand for a day I still love to get out fishing - give me a call.

Sushi Hunter
                            Jim's Fishing Charters (Retired)
                            www.JimsFishing.com
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

sigpic

Comment

• I was out again this evening from 3:00 to 7:45pm. Same results as last night. Only one jack around 4 pounds landed. Did not see any fish caught although I heard about some that were caught earlier in the day before we got out. We fished the bell area. I think some of the fish were caught out around the T-10.
                              Finally- 17' Malibu Tyee
                              "Fill the Tub!"

Comment

• Glad to hear you're doing well Sushi Hunter. I wondered where your Nootka advice and reports went as I always appreciated them. Take Care.

Comment

Working...
                                X