Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to rent a truck to tow a 3000lb boat/trailer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to rent a truck to tow a 3000lb boat/trailer?

I was wondering where those of you with boats in the water and no vehicle to tow it when you need to, have rented a truck before with 5000+ towing capacity. I'd like to pull my boat out of the water within the next week to clean it out (convert it from a fishing boat to a family boat...don't worry, it's just for one weekend). Trendsetter has helped me take the boat out of the water the few times it needed it, but I have the need to take it out on occasion that won't include a fishing trip.

If anyone knows of THE rental company to rent a truck from (unlimited kms?) I'd appreciate the lead. Looking to tow it from Richmond to New West and back to Richmond in one day.

Thanks!
    "Angelina Summer"
    Bayliner 192

Where are you roughly? Maybe a member can help out!!
    share the harvest
    2625 kingfisher

Comment

I've rented from national before in the past but couldn't say what the price or KMs on the deal were.

Comment

Originally posted by trophywife View Post
        Where are you roughly? Maybe a member can help out!!
        I'm trying to avoid ruining an entire morning and late afternoon for someone, preventing them from fishing.
        "Angelina Summer"
        Bayliner 192

Comment

The only place I know of that rents pickup trucks like that is U-Haul. $19.95 per day plus .49 per KM. You actually only need a truck with #3500 towing capacity for your boat and trailer. But it's easier to tow with a 1/2 ton truck.

Comment

We rent from Budget regularly to tow things around. You can go 1/2 ton right up to F350 diesels.

Comment

Have rented from Budget on several occassions - they have great towing rigs.
              Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. (unknown)

Comment

Hey, can anyone please suggest me where i can get the Truck rental in Vancouver, WA services? I need trucks for my business purpose of loading. Please suggest if you have any idea.

Comment

Working...
                X