Volvo Penta DP SM Drive

ziggy

Looking for advice. I recently hit a log and am told I need a new outdrive for my 2000 Volvo Penta 4.3. The quote I got was for 0ver 13 K and shipping from the US as well. Seems pretty steep to me, does anyone know where I can get a price comparison? Maybe I’m just naive about costs.

Advance marine in Campbell River has newly rebuilt ones with warranty. Their new ones are a decent price also.
They are a huge Volvo Marine dealer.

Why aren't you putting this through insurance
I am, but by the time they eliminate the price of the hull, the equipment etc, they are saying 20k doesn’t work for a 2000 Campion.

Is that $13k landed or do you have to pay duties on top? I can go look later today but I believe my dp drive in July 2016 was around $12500 brand new in Vancouver. I also added different stainless props on top of that.

Is the adjuster suggesting they would write your boat off? Being a 2000 do you have a recent insurance survey you can use for leverage?

Is that $13k landed or do you have to pay duties on top? I can go look later today but I believe my dp drive in July 2016 was around $12500 brand new in Vancouver. I also added different stainless props on top of that.

Is the adjuster suggesting they would write your boat off? Being a 2000 do you have a recent insurance survey you can use for leverage?
What the adjuster is saying is that because the policy lists the boat, motor and accessories as separate entities (as was on my bill of sale) the max claimable for the leg is the value listed for my motor.

The 13k s landed with an additional $400 for freight.

I call bull on that adjuster it should say "hull and machinery" on your listing of tables followed with deductible etc should have a list of all things covered.

might want to look into that further

Well some good news today! Talked to the Adjuster again regarding how the policy had listed the sterndrive and hull as two separate entities, as opposed to combined hull and machinery ,thus limiting the payout. He suggested I contact the insurance sales agent, which I assumed was going to be a waste of time, but I had nothing to lose so I did. She was extremely helpful and said she would talk to the Adjuster as well as the Underwriter because the way the policy had been written was odd and might be their mistake. Anyway just got word back that they would pick up the whole tab!

RIGHT on , I figured something wasnt right there good on you for pursuing it ...

Back