Good News/Service From Harbour Chandler re: UV Tape

Dogbreath

The success of flashers & spoons covered in UV tape means it's tough/expensive product to source in Canada that's why I was so happy to get an email from HC saying they'd found a supplier as linked.

And FWIW you don't need a fancy pants new $20+ flasher to Go UV-all you have to do is strip off the old tape and apply the new stuff nothing easier.

The success of flashers & spoons covered in UV tape means it's tough/expensive product to source in Canada that's why I was so happy to get an email from HC saying they'd found a supplier as linked.

And FWIW you don't need a fancy pants new $20+ flasher to Go UV-all you have to do is strip off the old tape and apply the new stuff nothing easier.

I want the 602 pattern.

What do you use to remove that glue once the tape is off? It’s oil proof as I’ve tried everything except acetone to remove it. Would it need that type of cleaner to get the old gunk off once the current sticker is off there?

Wonder how long it would stay on jigs like the Wilson darts and buzz bombs old spoons all beat up from the river and stuff hmmm🤔
Few old plugs could use a wrap !

I think Acetone would dissolve the old flasher-I either just rub it off with my fingers or leave it; my experience is once the new tape is on the old adhesive isn't an issue.

I think Acetone would dissolve the old flasher-I either just rub it off with my fingers or leave it; my experience is once the new tape is on the old adhesive isn't an issue.
Not sure if there’s a difference, but it’s the commercial troller grade flashers from PNT. There is no way that glue is rubbing off with the fingers. It’s welded by God.

that was my next attempt, vs. buying a container of acetone or similar toxic remover.

WD40 is good on some adhesives.
true, but it depends on the base of the adhesive. If WD40 worked, if you dropped a flasher in your bilge, the stickers would start to fall off. Like cleaning paintbrushes with oil based paint, vs paintbrushes with water based paint. Knowing the base ingredient is helpful.

Back