2024 Gulf Island Reports

Anyone been fishing recently? I'll be towing my fishing boat to Otter Bay and hoping to see the gang - anywhere in 18-6? I see it's the only area open for retention
Around Coal Island is probably your best bet to get into a hatch. Moresby is good too. I tried Tent Isl in 17-6 on Thursday, just a few unders nothing special. Usually mostly wilds there anyways I find.
Then it was off to the honey holes to get some dinner. Tis the season for lings.
Bonus orca show Thu afternoon thru active pass.

Attachments

• IMG_5125.jpeg
    IMG_5125.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_5126.jpeg
    IMG_5126.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_5119.jpeg
    IMG_5119.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_5117.jpeg
    IMG_5117.jpeg
    411.2 KB · Views: 141
Around Coal Island is probably your best bet to get into a hatch. Moresby is good too. I tried Tent Isl in 17-6 on Thursday, just a few unders nothing special. Usually mostly wilds there anyways I find.
Then it was off to the honey holes to get some dinner. Tis the season for lings.
Bonus orca show Thu afternoon thru active pass.
Glad to hear that bro!

I'll be up in Otter bay end of the month. Hoping for some king action and lings. I have a couple good spots in that area too

I had zero luck fishing for salmon this last Friday in various spots in area 19, but we did get to see a bunch of orcas (including very young ones) who came by off the SE corner of Sidney Island. Then it was up to 18 to try for a Ling so that my day wouldn't be a total blank - and this 8lb monster obliged for my 1st of the year.
ling.jpg

Back